Expect the Unexpected - Protect Your Family!
Make sure your family:
- Has a family disaster plan. View an Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Has a stocked emergency supply kit
- Knows what to do if they aren't home when the emergency occurs
- Knows about potential hazards
- Knows your community's emergency plans
- Checks out the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Emergency Financial First Aid Kit (PDF)
Protect Your Property or Business
Hurricanes cause heavy rains and can cause extensive flooding in coastal and inland areas. Flood insurance is the only way to financially protect your property or business from flood damage.
Advance planning can't guarantee your boat's survival but it can improve survivability and it is certainly worth the time and money to do so.
A hazardous materials accident can occur anywhere. Read more about procedures in a haz-mat emergency.
Georgian Emergency Management is leading the way in school safety planning and training not only in Georgia, but nationwide.
Although Camden County has some of the most beautiful weather in the country year-round, it is also susceptible to a wide variety of natural disasters. Learn more about severe weather threats and how to prepare for them.
The Department of Homeland Security assesses and takes the lead in evaluating vulnerabilities and coordinating with other federal, state, local, and private entities to ensure the most effective response.