Keeping Your Pet Safe
Here are a few tips that can help your pet from becoming a lost pet:
- Keep your dog on a leash or in a fenced area.
- Keep your cat indoors.
- Make sure your pet wears a collar with a name tag that provides your address and phone number.
- Take a photo of your pet.
- Keep a record of your pet's age, weight, height, and any special markings.
- Have your pet's record of vaccinations and its rabies tag number, or license number.
- Some owners have an ID number tattooed on the inside of the hind leg by a veterinarian.
- Some owners have a microchip implanted by the veterinarian.