Camden County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) is carefully monitoring the still-changing track of Tropical Storm Nicole for impacts to Camden County.
Sand and a LIMITED number of sandbags are available for Camden County residents preparing for Tropical Storm Nicole. All locations are self-service and you need to bring your own shovel.
Open Sand Locations:
- Kingsland: 132 Royal Parkway - No sandbags available, but sand is available
- St. Marys: 819 Point Peter Road - Limited number of sandbags available
- 1144 Godley Avenue (Camden County) - Limited number of sandbags available by visiting the Public Works office at 1004 Bedell Old Plantation Road
- 1714 Bedell Avenue (City of Woodbine) - No sandbags available, but sand is available
Click on the maps to below to enlarge the image.
Current Watches & Warnings
Updated November 8, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
The National Weather Service Jacksonville has issued the following alerts for our area due to possible impacts from Tropical Storm Nicole:
- Storm Surge Warning (Coastal Camden County/East of I-95)
- Tropical Storm Warning
A Storm Surge Warning means there is a danger of life-threatening inundation, from rising water moving inland from the coastline, somewhere within this area within the next 36 hours.
A Tropical Storm Warning means tropical storm-force wind conditions are expected somewhere within this area within the next 36 hours.
Prepare now for impacts to our community from strong wind, heavy rains, coastal flooding from storm surge, and power outages. We are actively monitoring this storm and will provide updates as conditions continue to change.