At their January 17, 2023, regular meeting, the Camden County Board of Commissioners unanimously approved the 2023 State Legislative Priorities for Camden County. This list, created with guidance from staff and the Association of County Commissioners of Georgia (ACCG), details legislative concerns in which the county has a vested interest.
“It is important for us as the Camden County Board of Commissioners to communicate with our state elected officials,” said Chairman Ben Casey. “We have a responsibility to inform our legislators about how their decisions impact us here locally.”
The 2023 State Legislative Priorities include:
- Mental Health Reform
- Reimbursement for EMS Services,
- Local Maintenance & Improvement Grant (LMIG) Program Funding,
- Truck Weight Limit Increase,
- Environmental Trust Funds,
- General Aviation Airport Development, and
- Hotel/Motel Tax Increase to 6%.
More information, including a link to the full Legislative Priorities (PDF) is available on the Camden County website at www.camdencountyga.gov.