What do I need to do if I want to speak at a Board of Commissioners meeting?

The Camden County Board of County Commissioners encourage public participation during regular, special called, and public hearing meetings. Citizens have a number of ways in which to address the Board; during one of the two public comments sections of a regular or special called meeting or by a written statement. The first Public Comment section is dedicated to comments specifically related to items on the agenda.  The second Public Comments section is dedicated to anything the public wishes to address. Written comments may be submitted for inclusion in the official record. These comments will not be read aloud, but will be included in the meeting minutes.

Public Hearings are allotted time to speak in favor or in opposition of a specific item, as well as a rebuttal. You may submit a speaker request form online or in person prior to the start of the meeting. This form provides the Commissioners or staff with the ability to follow up with a speaker on his or her concerns. Of course, if a speaker does not complete the form, he or she will not be barred from speaking. 

Those who complete a form will be called first and the Chairman will ask if there is anyone else wishing to address the board prior to the close of the Public Comments section.  As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the County Clerk’s office at (912) 576-5651.

Speaker Request Form

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to do if I want to speak at a Board of Commissioners meeting?
2. Who is my County Commissioner?
3. How can I get a copy of an agenda and/or minutes?
4. Where can I get a copy of codes and ordinances?
5. How can I apply for an appointed Board, Commission, or Committee?